Thank you Rep. Malia: Amendment #895 succeeds!
Thank you Representative Malia for your leadership!
Amendment #895, which provides an additional $260,000 for the Juvenile Court Clinics statewide, is included in the House Budget. The Massachusetts Alliance of Juvenile Court Clinics (MAJCC) thanks you and all who signed on: Representatives Balser, Hecht, Dwyer, Peisch, Khan, Pignatelli, Garlick, Dykema, Madden, Heroux, Sannicandro, Kocut, Hunt, D. Campbell, Cronin, Brodeur and Fox.
These funds will support the Juvenile Court Clinics, a place of last resort for the Commonwealth’s most vulnerable children:
- Children falling between the cracks of state agencies.
- Children with substance abuse problems requiring emergency out-of-home care.
- Children suffering from trauma and failing to improve despite intensive, comprehensive home-based services.
- Children with private insurance ineligible for services provided through MassHealth.
- Children failing to meet criteria for Competence to Stand Trial—needing repeat evaluations every six months.
The Juvenile Court Clinics solve urgent problems for the Commonwealth’s most vulnerable children by informing judicial decision making in regard to children as shown above.
Now on to the Senate!
Please support the Juvenile Court Clinics in reaching their funding goal of $2 million set in 2005!